This is the finished black Ballgown, I wrote about in an earlier Blogpost.
The dress is made out of the Moschino fabric left-over, that I used for a long Cowl neck dress for a client some years ago. It is now fully lined with sturdy black cotton satin, for comfort and ready to go.
The basis for the top was the dress pattern with some adjustments. I wanted to create something different and choose to keep the same length all around, like I am showing in this previous video.
Since the fabric was quite loosely woven, I doubled it with an extra layer of reinforced cotton, that was basted on and overlocked, before sewing all the pieces together and I added an invisible zipper.
Because of the asymmetrical hip hem I had to create a special pattern for the skirt, like I demonstrated in this video.
I added several layers of black tulle in a full circle and gathered a shorter one as a transition from the top.
For the lining, I created a second top of cotton satin and reinforced the upper edge, before I added the skirt.
I sewed the dress and the lining together at the upper seam edge, with two small ribbon loops for the neck strap in between, before turning it inside out and pressing it.
I decided to add an adjustable neck strap to the top as a design feature and to hold the dress in place.
Get it touch, if you're interested in this One-of-a-kind Ballgown.
Feel free to comment or ask, if
you have any questions and I will get back to you as
soon as possible. In my coming videos I am open for your suggestions to
relevant subjects.
Stay tuned and subscribe to my blog and channel for updates and coming projects..



No comments:
Post a Comment