Friday, April 05, 2024

GALLERI PROJEKT - AN INSTALLATION

A post about a past Exhibition, before the internet. Luckily I took some photos to document it.

See my RESUME for more context.

CONCERN was the title of this installation I did in 1995 at Galleri Projekt in Copenhagen, where I lived at the time. 

After participating in some group shows at the Gallery, I was given this opportunity by my late artist friend, Ann Susan, who was the owner.

The Gallery was a place for both established and emerging artists. 

As an artist herself, Ann Susan were primarily a proponent of installations and experimental art that would use the whole space optimally. She was never afraid of giving newcomers a chance.

My concept for this installation, was to create Artworks out of scraps; giving it a new lease of life by staging it and putting it into perspective, to make visitors think about consumption and waste.



Here a series of found scrap mounted on some brass boxes, giving it a new lease of life.

From a previous group exhibition, two big metal reliefs mounted on heavy wood frames, were created as symbolic crosses.


 

 A sculpture put together of found scraps, also symbolizing a cross.

The Gallery unfortunately closed a few years ago, due to both Ann Susan and her husband Claes's retirement and she passed away in 2023.

Comment if you have some memories or have had interaction or with the Gallery.

I also posted about this event on Instagram. Take a look HERE.

No comments: